21:02:49 <anzeljg> #startmeeting
21:03:03 <anzeljg> Hello everyone on developer meeting no. 59
21:03:07 <anzeljg> Please introduce yourself with #info
21:03:11 <anitsirk> #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst in Wellington, NZ.
21:03:16 <anitsirk> hello Gregor_Pirker
21:03:18 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, developer and translator, POVSOD, Ljubljana, Sloveniaž
21:03:31 <anzeljg> #undo
21:03:33 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, developer and translator, POVSOD, Ljubljana, Slovenia
21:03:47 <anitsirk> So far we have Sloenia, Austria, Australia and New Zealand represented today.
21:03:48 <anzeljg> Gregor_Pirker hi
21:03:54 <anzeljg> nice!
21:03:58 <Gregor_Pirker> #info Gregor_Pirker is Gregor Pirker, Austria Danube University Krems
21:04:09 <Gregor_Pirker> good morning :-)
21:04:24 <ghada> #info ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst, Australia
21:04:34 <anitsirk> Dmitrii_ and cecilia?
21:05:23 <cecilia> #info cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst, Wellington
21:06:26 <anzeljg> I guess Dmitrii_ can introduce himself a bit later...
21:06:30 <ghada> maybe dima is having issues with his browser
21:06:36 <anzeljg> #topic Mahara 17.04 release and new features (Kristina)
21:06:44 <anitsirk> alright. :-)
21:07:02 <Dmitrii_> I'm having issues with screaming kids. Sorry guys.
21:07:05 <anitsirk> #info Mahara 17.04 is coming up in just a short while. We are planning on releasing in the second half of April 2017.
21:07:41 <anitsirk> #info We are not quite at the release candidate yet. It's a bit late this time because we want to get a bunch of cool features still into this next release. These are:
21:07:58 <anitsirk> #info Combination of pages and collections https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22merge+p%2526c%22
21:08:19 <anitsirk> #info App-style like navigation https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7416/
21:08:22 <Dmitrii_> #info Dmitrii_ is Dmitrii Metelkin from Catalyst, AU
21:08:29 <anitsirk> (and subsequent child patches)
21:08:43 <anitsirk> #info LTI integration https://reviews.mahara.org/7495
21:09:02 <anitsirk> #info improved watchlist https://reviews.mahara.org/6059
21:09:16 <anitsirk> So a whole bunch of big features to be honest.
21:09:51 <anitsirk> #info We are working on the design updates as well in parallel because Raw and Default need to be updated to the new Mahara colors.
21:10:12 <anitsirk> #info Cecilia already swapped out the old logo for the new one and all minor point releases will receive those as well.
21:10:36 <anitsirk> #info and Liam found a nice way to choose an appropriate light or dark logo based on the background color chosen for the configurable theme.
21:11:00 <anitsirk> We still have lots of work to do. If you can spare time for code review and / or testing, please jump on in.
21:11:06 <anitsirk> Any questions?
21:11:20 <anzeljg> BTW the logo is nnot showing here: https://mahara.org/group/mahara-community
21:11:45 <ghada> how is the lti integration going?
21:11:51 <Dmitrii_> I think I should have some time for code reviews tomorrow and potentially on Monday
21:12:06 <anitsirk> anzeljg: oh thanks. i'll take a look later
21:12:11 <anitsirk> ghada: good question.
21:12:13 <Dmitrii_> I just need to have priority ;)
21:12:21 <anitsirk> #info the LTI integration is going very well. :-)
21:12:33 <ghada> excellent!!
21:12:42 <anitsirk> #info we have the auth working via LTI and are starting testing this week with Uni of Canberra and Instructure.
21:13:00 <anzeljg> Will raw and/or default theme include the stripe like on mahara.org first page (the background of search)? I like it a lot...
21:13:08 <anitsirk> #info we still need to test SAML / LDAP and LTI together, but so far judging from how well it works with internal auth, I'm very hopeful.
21:13:36 <anzeljg> that is excellent!!
21:13:48 <anitsirk> anzeljg: it will not be a replica of the mahara.org theme, but Default will include some elements and the square one might be it. Evonne hasn't started on that yet.
21:14:03 <anzeljg> +1 :-D
21:14:03 <anitsirk> Raw will only receive a color update as it's supposed to be "unthemed" :-)
21:14:11 <anitsirk> but speaking of the themes:
21:14:13 <anzeljg> right!
21:15:09 <anitsirk> #info Since we are moving to the app-style navigation, i.e. hamburger menues throughout - see https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/App_style_navigation we needed to make a new raw theme
21:16:03 <anitsirk> #info Since this new navigation is quite a departure from the current themes, we will still provide the old raw theme as "Old raw" and people who don't want to use the new navigation could still work with their custom themes and simply base it on the old raw theme.
21:16:17 <anitsirk> #info all built-in Mahara themes will be using the app-style navigation.
21:16:39 <anitsirk> #info but with a bit of manual updates, the current 16.10 ones could be used and based on the old raw theme.
21:16:58 <anzeljg> so each button will show list of items and their sub-items?
21:17:05 <ghada> so sites won't have to build a new theme ... they can continue with the one they've got.
21:17:08 <anitsirk> #info pat has also made theme updates and consolidations are still in review I believe so that theming becomes easier
21:17:32 <anitsirk> ghada: if they don't want to use the app-style navigation, they can choose the old raw as base theme.
21:17:48 <anitsirk> if they leave the base as "raw", it will automatically transfer to the new app-style navigation.
21:18:06 <ghada> ok. that's good to know.
21:18:09 <anitsirk> there might need to be made slight adjustments since we are updating some code in the themes. let me find the patch
21:18:23 <anitsirk> https://reviews.mahara.org/7273
21:18:36 <anzeljg> basically that means they will have to manually change theme parent to "old_raw" or sth smilar?
21:19:01 <anitsirk> #info the above link takes you to the consolidation patch. This is to make things easier to theme. slight adjustments from version to version can be expected, but it's certainly not a re-design as going from 15.04 to 15.10 or later.
21:19:10 <anitsirk> anzeljg: correct.
21:19:18 <anitsirk> that's in the theme config
21:19:46 <anitsirk> but the consolidation will also only affect the new raw theme. so if you continue with the old one there may not be any changes needed thinking about it.
21:20:23 <anitsirk> Dmitrii_: priority: robertl's patches. aaron should be looking into the pages and collection patches tomorrow. there are plenty of others in there though as well. :-)
21:20:47 <Dmitrii_> so some code changes need to be done to all themes which use old raw?
21:21:17 <anitsirk> anzeljg: do you think you'll have time to make the final fixes for the watchlist?
21:21:34 <anzeljg> i think so... i wanted to discuss that with you in AOB
21:21:54 <anzeljg> or after meeting
21:22:14 <anitsirk> anzeljg: ok :-)
21:22:34 <ghada> I see 3 non scss files... they're probably the ones that will need to be updated ....
21:22:55 <anitsirk> ghada: where?
21:23:06 <ghada> htdocs/lib/form/elements/autocomplete.php   &   htdocs/theme/raw/plugintype/blocktype/groupviews/templates/allsubmissions.tpl    &   htdocs/view/blocks.php
21:23:50 <anitsirk> mhh. these seem a bit random. we better provide some documentation ;-)
21:23:55 <ghada> i think they have to do with the select2
21:24:53 <ghada> anitsirk - probably a good idea
21:25:00 <anitsirk> ghada: if you have time and can check out the nav patch and see how that works with one of your custom themes and what you need to do to switch back to the old raw that would be great
21:25:25 <ghada> I can't promise but I'll see what i can do.
21:25:25 <anitsirk> the nav patch has an issue that either pat or cecilia are investigating.
21:25:29 <anitsirk> thanks, ghada
21:26:14 <cecilia> that is almost done
21:26:21 <anitsirk> nice :-)
21:26:40 <cecilia> I think I can push the patch tomorrow
21:26:46 <cecilia> with all behat tests :)
21:27:14 <anitsirk> yeah. the nav and pages & collection patches needed heaps of new behat tests because the nav elements changed.
21:28:12 <anitsirk> I think we'll have an exciting release ahead of us. :-)
21:28:22 <anzeljg> Anything else in this topic?
21:28:26 <anitsirk> not from me.
21:28:44 <anzeljg> Any question?
21:29:17 <ghada> one more...
21:29:27 <anzeljg> go ahead ghada
21:29:30 <ghada> so the lti integration - it's been tested with Moodle only?
21:29:40 <ghada> or have you had a chance to test it with other LMS's?
21:29:47 <anitsirk> #info ghada: it's been tested with canvas and moodle.
21:29:55 <anzeljg> as far as i know the canvas lms is involved...
21:30:11 <anitsirk> i should be able to check with a uni who has blackboard and see if it works there out of the box.
21:30:19 <ghada> yes, i was wondering if others such as blackboard ...
21:30:33 <ghada> ok.
21:30:35 <anitsirk> it seems that though it's lti, LMSs implement things slightly differently
21:30:46 <ghada> of course they do!!!
21:31:11 <anitsirk> mvp is for Canvas. Testing with Moodle was easily done as we know how to install that well. :-D
21:31:13 <ghada> is it going to be compatible with a particular version of Moodle?
21:31:35 <anitsirk> ghada: that's a question for mattc. haven't looked at that myself. i only saw it yesterday for the first time.
21:31:35 <ghada> 3.2 + ?
21:31:42 <ghada> ok.
21:31:54 <anitsirk> should work with lower versions as well. i think moodle used lti out of the box without customizations.
21:32:08 <anitsirk> but cannot yet confirm that.
21:32:14 <ghada> i'm just wondering about php7 vs php5
21:32:37 <ghada> i assume it's working with php5
21:32:49 <ghada> so would most likely also work with older versions of Moodle.
21:32:56 <anitsirk> we have it running on php 5. i think robertl is code reviewing on php7. not sure what mattc's server is running on.
21:32:57 <ghada> but that might not be an issue...
21:33:09 <anitsirk> ghada: there is no change that is made to the lms. just mahara
21:33:20 <ghada> yep...
21:33:31 <anitsirk> mahara's web services are extended. we are also not making a change to canvas.
21:33:34 <ghada> well it's very exciting!
21:34:00 <anitsirk> it is as it gets us a step closer to removing mnet for good. :-)
21:34:11 <anzeljg> thank god
21:34:15 <anitsirk> and it's much easier to set up than mnet. way less time.
21:34:18 <ghada> :)
21:34:33 <ghada> oh... that's interesting ...
21:35:03 <ghada> but this is just the sso step of it. there's no deep integration yet. right?
21:35:14 <anitsirk> yeah. i think it tooks about 5 minutes altogether and that included setting things up on canvas as well.
21:35:27 <ghada> fantastic!!
21:35:29 <anzeljg> wow
21:35:29 <anitsirk> ghada: just the sso at this stage. assignment submission is phase 2 for after the release
21:36:01 <ghada> ok
21:36:04 <anitsirk> and yes, there'll be a documentation ;-)
21:36:33 <anitsirk> robertl will actually also present on it at Mahara Hui in Auckland if you want to swing by: https://maharahui.org.nz
21:37:13 <anzeljg> antisirk: Mahara and the Antisirk's Stone ;-)
21:38:00 <anzeljg> #info Robert will present LTI integration at Mahara Hui in Auckland
21:38:53 <anzeljg> Anything else?
21:38:59 <anitsirk> anzeljg: which stone? Sorry, not getting the reference. it was a long day...
21:39:17 <anzeljg> Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone :)
21:39:26 <anitsirk> ah right :-D
21:40:06 <anzeljg> So moving on...
21:40:07 <anzeljg> #topic Next meeting and chair
21:40:20 <anzeljg> Probably somteim at the end of April?
21:40:37 <anzeljg> What about https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170427T07
21:40:57 <ghada> anzeljg: i actually thought you meant Indiana Jones and the Philosopher’s Stone
21:41:08 <anzeljg> +1
21:42:14 <anitsirk> ghada: oh. good one.
21:42:17 <ghada> I'm ok with that date and time
21:42:54 <anitsirk> anzeljg: sounds good. we should have just released by then
21:43:01 <Dmitrii_> I'm ok
21:43:33 <anzeljg> cecilia, Gregor_Pirker?
21:43:35 <Gregor_Pirker> time sounds good for me too
21:43:42 <Gregor_Pirker> :-)
21:43:47 <cecilia> good for me
21:44:06 <anzeljg> Who wants to chair the 60th dev meeting?
21:44:26 <anzeljg> A lifetime opportunity... :-)
21:44:29 <anitsirk> lol
21:45:46 <anitsirk> i can if nobody else wants to.
21:46:15 <anzeljg> anitsirk: I could, but we might give a chance to the other as well
21:46:22 <anzeljg> :-D
21:46:56 <anitsirk> :-) suddenly everybody's gone really quiet... happy to do it.
21:47:05 <anzeljg> thanx anitsirk
21:47:14 <anzeljg> this is the same in every dev meeting...
21:47:28 <Dmitrii_> true
21:47:30 <anzeljg> #info The 60th Mahara dev meeting will be on https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170427T07 chaired by Kristina
21:47:53 <anzeljg> #topic Any other business
21:48:00 <anitsirk> none from me
21:48:35 <anzeljg> ghada, Gregor_Pirker, cecilia, Dmitrii_?
21:48:40 <ghada> nope.
21:48:50 <cecilia> none
21:49:04 <Gregor_Pirker> nope
21:49:08 <ghada> thanks anitsirk and anzeljg
21:49:16 <Dmitrii_> no
21:49:20 <anzeljg> no problem
21:49:35 <anzeljg> Thans everyone that attended the meeting...
21:49:40 <anzeljg> Thanks
21:49:47 <anitsirk> thank you for chairing, anzeljg
21:50:06 <anzeljg> #endmeeting