19:30:20 <dobedobedoh> #startmeeting
19:30:20 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Dec 14 19:30:20 2010 UTC.  The chair is dobedobedoh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:30:20 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:30:53 <dobedobedoh> The meeting agenda is available at http://wiki.mahara.org/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/December_14th_2010
19:31:03 <dobedobedoh> Agenda:
19:31:03 <dobedobedoh> * Previous Meeting
19:31:03 <dobedobedoh> * Basic tests (fmarier)
19:31:03 <dobedobedoh> * Forum code of conduct (dobedobedoh)
19:31:03 <dobedobedoh> * Next Meeting
19:31:06 <dobedobedoh> * Any Other Business
19:31:28 <anzeljg> Richard asked me to join the meeting and present the Skin support for Mahara views
19:31:28 <anitsirk> who's already here besides do
19:31:38 <anitsirk> besides dobedobedoh and anzeljg and me?
19:31:38 <dobedobedoh> Shall we see who's around?
19:31:49 <lamiette> me
19:31:54 <dobedobedoh> We've had apologies from:
19:32:05 <anitsirk> hi lamiette
19:32:09 <dobedobedoh> I've seen apologies from fmarier, rkabalin and dan_p
19:32:27 <lamiette> hi anitsirk
19:32:56 * dobedobedoh is here in the UK
19:33:30 * anzeljg lives in Ljubljana, Slovenia
19:33:34 * lamiette suspects thi'll be a quick meeting
19:33:42 * anitsirk is in wellington, nz
19:34:43 <anitsirk> rangi from the koha team will join us in a second
19:35:09 <dobedobedoh> Okay. I'll start with the previous meeting
19:35:10 <dobedobedoh> #topic Previous Meeting
19:35:31 <dobedobedoh> There were actions on three people in the last meeting:
19:35:32 <dobedobedoh> * iarenaza to draft language pack release policy
19:35:32 <dobedobedoh> * Mjollnir` to merge phpunit branch into master
19:35:33 <dobedobedoh> * dobedobedoh to put minutes on wiki.mahara.org
19:35:45 <dobedobedoh> I've put the minutes from the last meeting on wiki.mahara.org
19:35:53 <Mjollnir`> highlighted my name!
19:35:56 <dobedobedoh> Mjollnir` or iarenaza are you around?
19:35:57 <Mjollnir`> oh i didn't merge anything
19:36:19 <Mjollnir`> don't think i even committed anything since last meeting
19:36:22 <Mjollnir`> bad penny
19:36:25 <dobedobedoh> heh
19:36:30 <Mjollnir`> HI CHRIS
19:36:39 <anitsirk> hi rangi :-)
19:36:39 <dobedobedoh> Hi rangi
19:36:42 <richardm> sorry, im in a bit late
19:36:46 <rangi> man, i cant sneak in anywhere
19:36:48 <rangi> :)
19:36:51 <anitsirk> ;-)
19:36:58 * rangi will just lurk
19:37:00 <anitsirk> richardm: we just started
19:37:11 <dobedobedoh> iarenaza: are you around?
19:37:13 <lamiette> hi rangi
19:38:32 <dobedobedoh> I guess we'll move on and carry those actions forward to the next meeting
19:38:41 <dobedobedoh> #topic Basic tests (fmarier)
19:39:22 <dobedobedoh> fmarier sent his apologies so I guess we'll carry that forward to the next meeting too, unless someone else wants to talk about it?
19:39:28 <richardm> fmarier isn't here is he? he just wanted to make people aware of the makefile in the root
19:40:00 <richardm> if you do 'make push' it checks php syntax before pushing
19:40:56 <dobedobedoh> Anything else to add or should we move on?
19:41:19 <richardm> Nope I don;t know enough about it; move on
19:41:32 <dobedobedoh> heh okay
19:41:34 <dobedobedoh> #topic Forum code of conduct (dobedobedoh)
19:41:59 <dobedobedoh> I raised this because there's been quite a few odd posts in the forums recently - or at least when I aised it
19:42:18 <richardm> yeah there's a bit of spam
19:42:21 <dobedobedoh> Various spammy posts, plus a couple of people who repeatedly post and hassle people
19:42:46 <dobedobedoh> I was wondering whether we perhaps need a code of conduct we can point people to wrt to the latter issue
19:43:02 <anitsirk> i think we can't avoid the spam messages if people register and post something. or can that also be done by a bot?
19:43:09 <lamiette> just a wiki page document?
19:43:13 <richardm> I think for one of those guys, fmarier sent him an email & he's quite a bit better now
19:43:14 <dobedobedoh> And perhaps more people who can remove spammy posts, and/or move them to the appropriate forum?
19:43:38 <richardm> yeah, we could appoint more moderators
19:44:10 <richardm> evan's anti-spam stuff should help, but i don;t think it runs on forum posts yet
19:44:26 <richardm> just anonymous view comments
19:44:45 <anitsirk> some of the forum posts are difficult to detect if they don't have a spammy url
19:45:19 <richardm> don;t they all have a spammy url?
19:45:32 <richardm> i guess some have an email address instead
19:45:44 <dobedobedoh> I haven't had much of a chance to look in the forums recently so I don't know if things have improved in the last month.
19:46:40 <anitsirk> there aren't too many of these messages. i think one may not have had a moviesomething.com url
19:47:18 <anitsirk> if i took a guess, we may have had a max. of 2 messages during the last month
19:47:21 <dobedobedoh> It may be a bit more of a non-issue since mahara.org was upgraded to 1.3
19:49:34 <dobedobedoh> Would someone like to write a code of conduct on the wiki somewhere?
19:49:51 <richardm> what do you think should be in it?
19:49:53 <lamiette> I think having a forum code of conductct wiki page though is good just to point regular users to anyway
19:50:16 <dobedobedoh> I was thinking about something like the moodle.org forum one
19:50:16 <anitsirk> some basic netiquette things for starters. we don't have to re-invent the wheel ;-)
19:50:32 <richardm> yeah, we could just copy someone else's
19:50:32 <lamiette> yeah
19:50:52 <anitsirk> or link to theirs if it's not Creative Commons ;-)
19:51:00 <dobedobedoh> I'm happy to take the lead on that
19:51:17 <richardm> :)
19:52:34 <dobedobedoh> #action dobedobedoh to beg/borrow/steal/invent a forum code of conduct and place on the wiki
19:53:02 <dobedobedoh> What about some more forum mods?
19:53:22 <anitsirk> I think we should then link to that wiki page from the terms of service. just in case somebody reads them.
19:54:27 <dobedobedoh> That'd be handy
19:54:56 <dobedobedoh> Is it just Mjollnir` as a non-nz mod in the community group?
19:56:33 <Mjollnir`> i totally don't read forums anymore
19:56:48 <Mjollnir`> [14] | sgn.mahara.forums   |  1217 |     1217 |    1228
19:56:53 <Mjollnir`> [16] | sgn.moodle.forums   |  5002 |     5002 |    5010
19:56:55 <Mjollnir`> :(
19:57:09 <anitsirk> Mjollnir`: oh so you haven't seen the leap2a questions that had come through during the last month or so?
19:57:27 <Mjollnir`> no...
19:57:40 <Mjollnir`> i have an email problem
19:57:55 <dobedobedoh> there are plenty of .nz forum mods, but not many in other time zones. richardm, could you appoint some more?
19:58:05 <richardm> ok
19:58:17 <richardm> i'll appoint you and lamiette maybe ?
19:58:28 <dobedobedoh> Okay. That'd be great
19:58:52 <dobedobedoh> #action richardm to appoint lamiette and dobedobedoh as forum mods in Community forum
19:59:09 <dobedobedoh> Anyone have anything else to add before we move to the next topic?
20:00:10 <lamiette> nope
20:00:17 <dobedobedoh> #topic Skin Support for Mahara Views (anzeljg)
20:00:18 <anitsirk> me neither
20:00:51 <anzeljg> I've done it in Mahara 1.3.0beta3, ported it to latest master
20:01:04 <anzeljg> anyone interested can see it in action at http://mahara.ledina.org/1.4.0.skin/
20:01:27 <anzeljg> just let me kno, and i'll give you user account...
20:01:37 <anitsirk> please, one account for me
20:01:39 <dobedobedoh> Is this the stuff which allows users to make changes to themes dynamically?
20:01:42 <richardm> anzeljg: i've just been looking at it now, it;s looking great
20:01:46 <dobedobedoh> and me :)
20:02:13 <anzeljg> yeah, i just saw two minor mistakes an hour ago. i'll try to fix it in next 24 hours...
20:02:17 <richardm> http://mahara.ledina.org/1.4.0.skin/view/view.php?id=12
20:02:30 <anzeljg> just send me email to gregor.anzelj at gmail.com
20:02:31 <richardm> I can make garish views :)
20:02:56 <anitsirk> richardm: i don't see a skin on this view
20:03:13 <anzeljg> yeah... thats what i was talking about...
20:03:31 <anitsirk> ok. no worries
20:03:40 <anzeljg> the user can see changed view, but other users don't. i'll try to fix it in next 24 hours
20:03:49 <richardm> ah you have to be logged in?
20:03:53 <richardm> oh ok
20:04:17 <anzeljg> you shouldn't be. i don't know what exactly happened
20:05:04 <anzeljg> the idea is, that also others (who are not logge-in) could see the changed view.
20:05:08 <dobedobedoh> Is there a git branch anywhere for others to try?
20:05:27 <anzeljg> i'm having troubles using git. I'm a newbie :(
20:05:36 <anzeljg> i can send you the patches?
20:05:49 <dobedobedoh> I'll drop you an e-mail
20:06:11 <anzeljg> or you can log in as user: test password: test140test, just to give it a spin
20:06:37 <anzeljg> ok dobedobedoh
20:07:24 <dobedobedoh> Looks good :)
20:07:45 <anitsirk> anzeljg: where do you define a skin? i can't choose one from the theme selector
20:07:58 <dobedobedoh> My Portfolio -> My Skins
20:08:27 <anzeljg> you can choose a skin, if:
20:08:28 <anitsirk> dooh. thanks
20:08:29 <anzeljg> 1. you created one (you're the owner)
20:08:54 <anzeljg> 2. there are site skins (created/imported etc. in admin section
20:09:11 <anzeljg> 3. if anybody else created a skin, and marked it as public
20:09:54 <anitsirk> coooooool
20:10:24 <dobedobedoh> richardm: Do you think that we'll be able to get the skins into master for 1.4?
20:10:58 <richardm> I don't know yet, I'm going to be really busy till late jan
20:11:24 <richardm> But it may be that we do the urgent stuff we need to do on a beta & squeeze more into the release after
20:11:30 <richardm> I'm not sure
20:12:09 <dobedobedoh> okay
20:12:11 <richardm> I'd really like them to be in there though
20:12:32 <dobedobedoh> Last meeting we said we'd try and get them in if there was time.
20:12:44 <richardm> we're currently planning to turn off view themes & small headers in the default install so skins would be quite important
20:13:58 <dobedobedoh> Is there anything else to discuss on the skins and are there any actions?
20:15:23 <richardm> dobedobedoh: i think it'd be great if you could find time to look over gregor's code too
20:15:40 <dobedobedoh> I'll get hold of the patches and have a review
20:15:53 <richardm> i think we could easily split it into more manageable patches
20:16:03 <dobedobedoh> I'm not sure how much time I'll have between now and 1.4 release but I sholud be able to find some time
20:16:04 <richardm> all the new pieform elements for one thing
20:16:08 <dobedobedoh> yeah
20:16:09 <anzeljg> i've done that already
20:16:23 <anzeljg> pieform elements are in one patch
20:16:26 <richardm> anzeljg: excellent
20:16:39 <anzeljg> stuff that does not affect core is in other
20:16:50 <richardm> :)
20:17:02 <anzeljg> and all stuff that somehow changes the core files in in next couple of patches
20:17:07 <dobedobedoh> anzeljg: I'll drop you an e-mail in a bit with my details so we can collaborate on this?
20:17:43 <anzeljg> richardm: i've sent you email with patches about 2 days ago...
20:17:56 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: excellent
20:18:24 <richardm> anzeljg: i know, I'm sorry I haven't actually looked at them or installed them yet
20:18:33 <richardm> i've had a busy couple of days
20:18:43 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: i'll try and fix the minor things i've spoted, and than send you all the patches...
20:18:49 <dobedobedoh> #action dobedobedoh and anzeljg to go over skins patches to try and getthem into 1.4
20:18:50 <anzeljg> richardm: no problem ;)
20:18:52 <dobedobedoh> okay cool :)
20:19:31 <richardm> dobedobedoh: i promise to read them too
20:19:37 <anzeljg> i don't know if you saw, but admins can also add embeddable fonts on site level...
20:19:54 <anzeljg> sometnihg like on fontsquirrel.com
20:20:03 <richardm> anzeljg: yeah that's great, really important because we cant distribute them
20:20:46 <anzeljg> all font are open source, and i've 'replaced' commonly used fonts with their open source/gpl counterparts.
20:20:47 <dobedobedoh> Unless there are any objections, I'll move onto the next topic and start to round up the meeting
20:21:14 <anzeljg> I have a question
20:21:50 <anzeljg> will there be a chance to implement questionnaires into Mahara. So that the users or maybe admins could add custom questionnaires?
20:23:39 <dobedobedoh> It's not on the roadmap I don't think...
20:24:05 <anzeljg> another challenge for me? I'm just kidding...
20:24:38 <dobedobedoh> heh. you could write a specification for it on the wiki specs page?
20:24:42 <lamiette> shall we action that anzeljg is going to do custom questionaires? ;)
20:24:47 <lamiette> tehehe
20:25:13 <dobedobedoh> I'm getting conscious of time, could we add it to the agenda for the next meeting?
20:25:25 <dobedobedoh> Speaking of whcih...
20:25:26 <dobedobedoh> #topic Next Meeting
20:25:54 <dobedobedoh> fmarier mentioned that LCA starts 24th Jan, so it'd be good to have the meeting before then
20:26:15 <dobedobedoh> Any other constraints to add?
20:26:31 <anitsirk> yep. that's what he just said to me. that'd be the week of 17th jan
20:26:49 <dobedobedoh> I guess that we'll swap the times again. Anyone have any objections to the 07:30 GMT / 20:30 NZDT time?
20:26:57 <lamiette> anytime around then is fine for me
20:27:06 <anitsirk> fine for me
20:27:12 <anzeljg> fine
20:27:16 <dobedobedoh> Wednesday 19th Jan?
20:27:16 <richardm> fine
20:27:21 <anzeljg> ok
20:27:51 <anitsirk> fine also for fmarier
20:27:55 <anitsirk> (and me)
20:28:27 <dobedobedoh> #agree Next Meeting @ 07:30 GMT / 20:30 NZDT on Wednesday 19th Jan 2011
20:28:29 <dobedobedoh> #topic Any Other Business
20:28:47 <anitsirk> nope
20:28:52 <anzeljg> no
20:29:14 <dobedobedoh> I'll put the meeting minutes on the wiki and create the agenda pages again
20:29:20 <dobedobedoh> Would someone else like to chair/co-chair?
20:29:52 <dobedobedoh> Preferably someone in core...
20:30:15 <anitsirk> hint, hint? ;-)
20:30:25 <dobedobedoh> ;)
20:30:34 <anitsirk> i'll acquaint myself with the meeting syntax and can co-chair.
20:30:41 <dobedobedoh> thanks anitsirk :)
20:30:45 <richardm> :)
20:30:56 <dobedobedoh> anitsirk: I'll send you some details
20:31:11 <anitsirk> thanks dobedobedoh much appreciated
20:31:22 <dobedobedoh> #info anitsirk will co-chair next meeting
20:31:34 <dobedobedoh> AOB before I endmeeting?
20:32:04 <dobedobedoh> #action dobedobedoh will add minutes to wiki and create pages for next meeting
20:32:20 <dobedobedoh> Can someone publicize the next meeting in the News forum?
20:32:23 * dobedobedoh nudges anitsirk
20:33:35 <dobedobedoh> Right. I'm going to call a close to this meeting. Thanks all for attending
20:33:46 <richardm> thanks dobedobedoh
20:34:07 <dobedobedoh> #endmeeting